Sunday 16 February 2014

77 The Schooner Inn - Rochdale


Not  visited

Someone's  going  to  have  to  help  me  out  here. I'm  presuming  The  Schooner  was  on  South  Parade  but  I've  no  idea  which  building  it  was.

It's  a  shame  such  an  unsatisfactory  entry  brings  a  close  to  the  pubs  logged  on  the  Bolton  Museum  trip. The  next  pub logged   is ( was )  in  Stockport  so  a  new  chapter  opens  up  with  the  next  entry.

Before  that  though  I  have  noticed  that  there  is  a  list  of  "Equipment" taken  on  the  Bolton  Museum  trip  at  the  back  of  the  book. So  for  the  record  I  took :

Museums  In  Greater  Manchester  leaflet
Bolton, Leigh,  Wigan  Bus  Guide
Bury, Oldham, Rochdale Bus  Guide
GMC  Wayfinder  Map   (GMC  = Greater  Manchester  Council - abolished  by  Thatcher  1986 )
Notebook -"this  one "
Black Staedtler Stick  430  pen
Blue  cagoule - "on  fishing  trip" ( I  don't  really  understand  this  reference. I  think  I  went  fishing  with  Stephen  the  following  day  but  why  I'd  have  the  cagoule  in  my  bag  the  day  before  I  don't  know )
Timmy  - a  fluffy  squirrel
Teddymate - my  battered  home-made  teddy
Strawberry  Space  Dust  - bought  at  the  Roundhouse  newsagents
Dress - Snorkel  jacket, blue  jeans , sweat-shirt 
"And  of  course, duffel-bag"

Happy  memories !

No comments:

Post a Comment