Sunday 17 May 2015

95 The Queen Inn - Ashton-under-Lyne



First  visited  : 17  May  2015

We  walked  past  this  one  on  the  way  to  the  Theatre  Tavern   a  few  weeks  back  and  I  was  rather  hoping  I'd  missed  it  out  of  the  book.  It  did  actually  close  for  a  period  around  2010  but  has  re-opened.

Actually  though,  our  visit  today  was  quite  enjoyable. The  pub  is  small, cheap  and  cheerful  with  minimal  decor  but  the  barmaid  or  perhaps  landlady  was  very  friendly,  particularly  towards  Simon. The  sandwich  I  purchased  was  quite  nice.

There  were  a  handful  of  other  punters  showing  not  much  interest  in  Swansea  v  Man  City  and  I'm  not  quite  sure  how  they  make  the  Sky  pay  given  the  limited  capacity.

I'm  not  sure  I'll  be  visiting  again  but  it  was  much  better  than  expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment