Sunday 31 July 2011

23 Tim Bobbin , Wardleworth - Rochdale



First  visited :  I  can't  recall  a  visit  but  there  is  a  tick  against  it  in  the  book  indicating  that  I  did  once. *

This  was  more  or  less  opposite  the  Railway  but  closed  around  2002. It  was  an  attractive  three-storey  building  but  is  now  in  a  poor  state  of  repair  with  steel  girders  propping  it  up  on  the  Rochdale  side. This  may  have  precipitated  its  closure  but  it  also  sits  in  a pretty  exclusively  Asian  area.  The  building  seems  to  be  occupied  as  a  private  residence  but  for  how  much  longer  is  open  to  doubt.

* Update  - I have  unearthed  a  diary  entry  for  31/01/1986  which  reads  "Had  mince  pie, peas  and  chips  at  the  Tim  Bobbin" . This  means  my  visit  took  place  during  the  period  I  was  visiting  Rochdale  Library  to  research  my  dissertation.

No comments:

Post a Comment